Sunday, July 1, 2012

VECM Karting Challenge

I was waiting and I mean really waiting for VECM boys at City Karting Shah Alam. At 5.30pm after my brothers karting session, a quick call to friend, gob smacked my forehead I was in the WRONG track that they’ve been waiting for me at Sepang! With only 20 minutes to go before start of practice session, I had to nail my foot on the throttle pedal all the way through. 

It was a real challenge for me since I’ve never set my foot in Sepang International Kart Circuit so the practice session is crucial to familiarize myself with the track. And weighting at 70kg including all my gears on a 4 stroker 200cc fun kart, acceleration and straight-line speed will be unfortunate disadvantage compared to some. 

Surprisingly, the practice session went very well as there’re plenty of tyre marks for me to get base racing line and of course since it’s alike mini SIC, that’s pretty much makes things a whole lot easier for everyone. We’ve been assigned random karts by the circuit official. Although the kart I drove was a little lethargic I managed to qualified 2nd 1’10.116 two tenths behind pole sitter and finishes on the same place with best time of 1’09.860. Oh well, I’m going to try harder on next session!






Images courtesy of Volvo Enthusiasts Club Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment