Sunday, July 1, 2012

New Arai Helmet

Ever since setting myself back on karting last year, I’ve been eyeing for CIK approved helmet but unfortunately seriously lacking of dough has discouraged me in popping to the shop and getting one. And I’ve been pretty ‘disciplined’ at that until yesterday. I just can’t resist this Arai SK6S helmet, hence I practically closed my both eyes and sign the dotted credit card slip at Momentum Autosport Sunway. 


The Arai SK6 helmet was designed specifically for karting. Built using Arai's proprietary cLc (Complex Laminate Construction) technology the shell of the SK6 is so strong it allows the use of an extremely soft EPS liner for better comfort and impact energy management. Key features include: 
  • Larger intake and exhaust holes for increased airflow (front vents are closeable). 
  • New shield pivot hardware with redesigned track slider for improved aerodynamics. 
  • Wider eye port for increased peripheral vision.
  • New positive shield locking mechanism provides solid shield latching while allowing normal operation. 
  • Arai 6 series 3mm thick visor (not interchangeable with SK-5).
  • Removable cheek pads for a custom fit and more thorough cleaning.
  • Newly sculpted chin bar and ridge along lower edge to improve structural integrity, give extra clearance above shoulders and lower the center of gravity. 

Next, I'll scout for good rib protector and CIK karting suit. Both Alpinestar and Sparco should be in the region of RM700ish

No comments:

Post a Comment