Thursday, February 10, 2011

In goes 17" Wedsport SA70

The inevitable happened this afternoon when one of the tyres had punctured on my way from Putrajaya towards my office. After a quick fix by the road side, I went to Hup Soon Sunway and end up with this Wedsport SA70 with 215/40/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE001 Adrenalin. At the moment, I'm pretty dismayed by the lateral grip of this jambatan batu ..... if things really goes south I'm going to trade these for RSR!! Having said that, now I'm officially broke :(

Goodbye buttercups rims

It fills the gap better than 16"

Have to do something of the center caps which got it FOC... people would be think it's a ASPAL (Asli Palsu) hahaha


20 comments:

  1. looks nice. going from semi slicks tyres to performance tyres will take a lot of adjusting, thats for sure!

    when we meeting up for a drink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Temujin,

    Semestinya originally replica hahaha

    Mugil,

    True but probably I'm going to drop by Jooi Seng to see how much do I need to top up for RSR. Can't bear the lack of response from this RE001.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bro, the vw rims for sale ke? wat spec? hehe.... tq.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Netken,

    My stock wheels 5x100 16x6.5 already traded in to HupSoon Sunway, you can still get it though ... should be around RM500-RM800.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alamak - timing tak ngam. Whats the max tyre size advisable? 205/50/16? Conditions of rim?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Netken,

    Use Federal RSR 205/45/16 :)
    The rims are 3 years old but pretty good condition honestly speaking. Grab now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Japwan wheels on a Conti. Love the combo. Years ago when my JB friends were playing with Beemers, they shod their cars with Jap wheels to stand out and boy does it look good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Japanese wheels are way lighter than contis kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice. looks good on your ride!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks bro.... your blog has very nice artworks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. No no,I saw your car when I visited my friend's house :) Love your car man ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, the car is currently on hibernating mode, awaiting for new coilovers to replace existing H&R spring & dampers and hopefully get it corner weight too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wat coilovers ur ordered? current setup tak bagus?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Netken,

    Current dampers are nearing its end of life bro, I'm getting H&R monotube coilovers. Let's see :)

    ReplyDelete