Thursday, February 18, 2010

New battery for Pocong

The Pocong's battery gave up yesterday morning after only about 18 months of usage. Oh well, but the car could have been sitting here since February 2008 so that makes it 2 years.

Anyways, I managed to get time off from work and began hunting for VW junkies workshops and the only one opened was 7th Gear. Azman got me GP maintenance free DIN66 battery for RM350 and installed it right away. Surely the price could be cheaper if I source it from PH Auto but I couldn't figure out how to remove the fuse box on top of it, so taking it to Azman's is like getting me a headache-free insurance at a price of course.

Speaking about this, I kinda fancy to relocate the battery at the back to make way for carbon airbox but first need to sort out the fuse box location. Until then, dream on....


I apologise for the image quality... DIN66

Neat looking battery housing don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah what to do, next time I'm going to replace on my own hehe... vW SC gonna charge rm700-rm1k! Crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. firdaus,

    u shud go for the Odyssey drycell like SP. Its expensive around 1.2k but you get 5 years warranty. The first one konked out after 4 years and got a brand new replacement free of charge. Only problem is warranty replacement can only be done in Singapore, as of last year no one officially brought in the Odyssey. Also its lightweight, can mount anywhere and any orientation and not mention the high cranking voltage. Also the charge remains for a long time even without any usage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mugil,

    If I can manage sort out the fuse box issue on top of the battery and get it relocated at the back then I'll get the Odyssey's. Otherwise, I don't think it'll last more than two years because of the engine heat :(

    ReplyDelete