Sunday, February 14, 2010

Grooming session part 2

Let me start first by wishing Gong Xi Fa Chai/Happy Chinese New Year to my Chinese friends, may the year of the tiger bless our hidup segan mati tak mahu economy :)

And this means I’ve got two days (excluding Saturday and Sunday of course) of nothing to do. But after berangan long and hard, it pops my mind that it has been three months Pocong receives grooming session and the water beads getting large and flatter. So I guess it’s no harm to ruin my Sunday morning by being a dedicated car slave.

As usual, I’m using the cheap and cheerful PermaGlass Tar Remover, PermaGlass Polymer Sealant, TurtleWax Clear Vue and Ambersil Dash & Trim carried over from last exercise. A solid 4 hours slavering session bar car wash (this one I outsourced to under coconut tree car wash :)).

End result should last another 3 months of seeing high and small water beads after raining. After doing it twice in a row, I began to realise that this is an addictive hobby. Next time, I kinda fancy Bosch GEX-270AE and Meguiars, hoping for mega wonders!

PS: While the PermaGlass Tar Remover is a life saver when it comes to removing stubborn contaminants, a word of caution – don’t use it on the bonnet because it eats up paint!










2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! The paint just pops in the sun. Have to give you a salute for your dedication and hardwork - I'm too lazy to do all that i.e. claying, two step bucket system etc :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loki,

    Thanks man but honestly I ain't that expert when it comes to detailing, as long as the paint's surface appears to be nearing vivid and deep that the paint actually looks wet is fine with me.

    Anyway, nice 350Z you've there and thanks a lot for putting my url in yours. I shall do the same then :)

    ReplyDelete