Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lost wheel lock key

I've lost my wheel lock key a week before raya. Since then, it's been hell to source replacement including from VW service centers. Frankly I just can't comprehend as to why they don't have lock master keys as per any other VW service centers in other parts of the world. 

Anyway, through my own research, I found out out that there're about 12 different types of wheel locks fitted to 9N3 Polo GTIs randomly. Luckily I've been saved by a fellow Polo GTI owner. A quick visit to his home today made it possible to unlock the Pocong's wheel lock nuts using his lock key and replaces them with standard ones.

Speaking of my findings, here're the list of lock keys for the 9N3 Polo GTI owners just in case you lost it:
  • VW/Audi #51 (6 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #52 (7 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #53 (8 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #54 (9 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #55 (10 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #56 (11 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #57 (12 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #58 (13 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #59 (14 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #60 (15 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #61 (16 square splines)
  • VW/Audi #62 (17 square splines)

Mine with the 9 square splines

No comments:

Post a Comment