Sunday, June 3, 2012

RSR it is (Part II)

I had an ‘argument’ with concrete barrier in NPE couple of months back. Fortunately for me, there’s no bodywork damage except two rims got minor scratched around its lips. 

To make it up for my carelessness, I’ve decided to get the rims repaired and resprayed, and finally get rid of the RE001 tyres to make way for the Federal RSRs. This bitter pill costed me around RM2.9k. Then I had to get new Delkor DIN66 battery for RM380 and annual roadtax & insurance for RM1.2k. 

Just after I thought the pain would be over, the aircond blower started rattling and the turbo outflow gasket might be leaking. And of course, I’ve just committed to a friend that I’m going to get Genesis 380cc injectors as part of stage 2 upgrade soon. That’s it, there goes my soon to be bonus!!

Week 26 of 2011

HupShun alignment touches not as good as MPS and FA Racing....sigh

 Kinda like the new colour more..

Still awaiting for rear spring perch's locking ring

 Hopefully this Delkor can last for 2 1/2 years like the previous GP DIN66 battery

4 comments:

  1. Bro,

    How are these in a downpour condition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew,

    So far, I find the RSRs to be slightly better than AD07 on the wet. The key issue on this tyre is water channeling through its limited grooves. Still, you'd be alright cruising about 110km/h-140km/h depending on the surface water 'level'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... wonder how these compare to the Hankook Ventus RS-3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alternatively you can consider Kumho KU36 too

    ReplyDelete