Monday, November 2, 2009

Grooming session - the slow, cheap but definitely special

The last time Pocong receives skin beautifications session was slightly more than a year ago and he’s badly in need one now. The problem with me is that I’m a bit tight on cash now where just a month ago he had a set tyres change and I just moved to a new place and for that, my cranky wife keeps on blabbering for this & that for our new home leaving me for no choice but to DIY. And the day is today.

I first went to under coconut tree shop for normal wash as early as 8.00am and got it done an hour later for merely RM8. Quite pricey where I ended up having to wipe the car again on my own after half cooked job they’ve done and don’t get me started on having to wait for an hour. And I can even further be annoyed with the rims not cleaned properly!

Only about 9.30am, the actual spa session commenced. I started off using PermaGlass Tar Remover to clean visible contaminants especially on lower half of the car before applying PermaGlass Polymer Sealant to do so called polish & wax layer on top (twice). Then TurtleWax Clear Vue for the windows and headlamps; and then Ambersil Dash & Trim for the interior trims and exterior rubber parts.

A solid 4 hours job and the end result won’t match the quality of Carnauba AutoSpa, Autoglym or Meguiars finish, nevertheless I’m pretty content. At least, there’s some layers on top of the paintwork to shield from our monsoon acid rains and dirts for 3 months. And the cost is pretty cheap too :)

On another note, I took the Pocong for a drive using Ulu Yam road a day earlier where this time it was dry. My praise for the RSR went a notch higher with it sticking the tarmac like it doesn’t know how to loose grip. Only I wish the car has more power. 200-210hp on wheel should make it psychopath again. Custom FMIC and Ah Heng’s downpipe might do just that. Got to start saving then!


An hour!

Had to borrow my auntie's porch

Plenty of contaminants just my phone camera don't reflect that

First layer done, now onto second one

I'm pretty content with the job

This is better reflection of that compared to previous one

Still couldn't remove all of the dirts

Ok lah

4 comments:

  1. pergghhh...berkilat giler pocong! i think OZ superleggera would suit nicely on this hot hatch. :)

    RM8 carwash aint no biggie bro. kat kuantan nih carwash bawah pokok pun charge RM12..tu belum dekat car care centre lagi..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meor,

    RM8 is cheap actually but their work is worst than sending my car machined wash at BHP bro... going to be my first & last experience there la

    Back to the rims, I'm dreaming of VW Mk4 R32 (http://www.hubcaphaven.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/wc69794.jpg) but got to be 17" or Wedsport SA87R hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. that mk4 r32 rim is similar to aristos!

    you need FMIC...FMIC FMIC FMIC FMIC FMIC = faster manlier intercooler core. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Money... No Money...No Money hehehehe

    ReplyDelete