Friday, July 3, 2009

26k kms and Wishing for Somemore!

The Pocong clocked 26k kms as of yesterday and been with me slightly more than a year. Every working day, been terrorizing Duke highway because of the lateness of the hour to the office. I know, it’s a lame excuse for peddling the throttle deeper to the ground :p

At this moment, having enjoying the car in the perspective of pocket rocket, given me somemore expectations beyond what he can currently offer.

First of, I need more grunt on the top end, just a little bit will do. Having used to exercise my right foot to be as sensitive as female heart (pun intended!), it’s just as boring and laggy in 1-2k rpm! That’s the trademark of forced induction no matter how grown it might be nowadays, nothing beats NA.

Second, as progressive handling it gives, I just wish more way more outright grip entering and exiting corners. Steering as usual feels too light for me to dial on how much deg of steering input to tackle this, tackle that. At the very least, I really need H&R ARBs and camber kit very very soon arrgghhh…

Thirdly, and really on top of those two, rattling and squeaking noise are getting rather apparent by the day! It’s getting on my nerves now! Talking to people will almost certainly be answered with an evil laugh, that’s for sure. For the amount I’m paying, I can’t accept it nor can you. Believe me, sending to VW SCs especially VW Cars will be even worst.

How worst? Well, a friend of mine, complained about rough surfaced & rusty paintwork attributed to ill-fully done steel chemical treatment. 18 days waited, nothing was done. Few days later, upon inspection, he noted few over spraying causing drying droplet-like paint at the edge of the bonnet in addition to the uneven paint spraying. No way I’m sending mine, god knows what it turns up, could be the whole dashboard and trims doing full orchestra works at the very least. Yes, I’m prejudice about that, can’t help it.

To fulfil these wishes prompting for $$$ to be spent and spent and spent… Unlike some of you, I don’t have that many. And my end of year shopping trip to Jakarta, will definitely ake out more $$$ and this has to be priority no 1, because of wifey been nagging and nagging till cows come home… *sigh*

On the bright side, at 26k kms, the Contis are still well threaded, 5mm before indicator mark, another round of alignment & balancing & rotating will be good enough for 4-6 months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment